Friday, June 15, 2012

Oh Baby! Pink!

Hey hey hey!

To share with you today I have a manicure inspired by a my cousin's baby shower I attended and more specifically the fact that she is having a girl. I am super excited to meet my new little second cousin when she arrives in the next month or so.
So what does one think of for a baby girl...  baby pink of course!
I started with a base coat of China Glaze Ridge Filler which I'm quite keen on, it evens out my ridges nicely and definitely helps with wear time. The pink comes from 2 coats of AEngland Iseult and for that little bit of sparkle, actually a lot of sparkle, a recent aquisition, Milani Pink Flare as an accent on my ring finger. I also topped it off with China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat which works well with the base coat.


I just LOVE Milani Pink Flare. It is so sparkly and girly and packed with glitter. Application was easy. Iseult on the other hand is a bit tricky. I found it quite streaky and really could have done with a third coat to be opaque but then it would have taken too long to dry. I also quite the look though of being able to see my natural nails through it.  It makes such a change for me as I very rarely wear neutrals, even during the work week I wear bright colours.
How about you, can you get away with bright colours at work?

(Sorry for the complete amateur photos I can only manage at the moment using my iphone.  That and my poses need practise!  We all gotta start somewhere though right?)




No comments:

Post a Comment